Re: Bug Resilience Program of German Sovereign Tech Fund

On 2024-06-06 08:10, Zack Weinberg wrote:
On Thu, Jun 6, 2024, at 10:37 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
That's a really good idea.  Automake and Autotools in general underpin
a fair amount of key open source software, but is taken for granted.

Ideas for making the case for funding:

As near as I can make out, the Sovereign Tech Fund Bug Resilience Program application <https://www.sovereigntechfund.de/public/files/BRP_Application_EN.pdf> provides funding only for bug bounties, where the bugs are security vulnerabilities. (The other help it offers is all in-kind.)

I already have a mental list of things that
*ought* to be done in the near future for autoconf but I do not have the
capacity to do by myself on a volunteer basis.

How well would that mental list mesh with the idea of funding based on security vulnerability bounties?