Re: Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Christoph Wickert  wrote:

In the mail you just responded to I already mentioned SQLninja, a tool
that has been on the whishlist for the Security spin for months. It's
ironic we advertise security analysis on the fpo frontpage but don't
allow a well established security analysis tool to be included in
Fedora.

I suspect your complaint was read by many as package foo is already in the repo but spin bar is not being allowed to include it which would be a odd problem but if a package itself is not in the repository due to board's concerns then we just need to wait for the board to finish their re-evaluation.  Since they have already said they will, this is being given due consideration.

Looking through bugzilla reviews that were closed WONTFIX or through the
mailing list archives, I'd probably find more examples, e.g. games.

If you can find packages that board decided not to allow, sure, bring it up.  I don't remember any such cases besides SQLninja.  Everything else was either discarded due to non-conformance with legal or packaging guidelines.

Rahul