Re: Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 22:21 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> If there were, say, a small but attractive graphic info box, above the
> fold but below the Desktop spin language, that rotated through a set
> of options, like: "Try Something Different! LXDE!" do you think that
> would lose a bunch of people?

We already have language directly below the desktop spin download that
says:

"Other Options
      * Formats: DVD ISOs, Physical Media
      * Desktops: KDE, Xfce, GNOME, and others"

We've also currently got a banner on every single download page that
says, 'there's more Fedora!' that leads to spins.fedoraproject.org.

> Again, I am not arguing to change the default.  That ship has sailed.
> I'm arguing to give other spins a bit more visibility.  I know you've
> gone through a lot of iterations, but none of those iterations have
> satisfied the Spin advocates, and I wonder if we can get a bit closer
> to that.

I wonder if the spin advocates are aware of everything that is already
in place and have an idea of what more we could actually do that we
aren't already doing.

~m