Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Brian C. Lane <bcl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think people should be including the needed snippets in their
kickstarts themselves -- this keeps the details explicit and in one
location. Stuffing things into the install media means that someone who
doesn't want that customization

At the moment, OSTree works best with extlinux (Though recent events increase the priority of targeting grub2). So the present Atomic boot.iso I'm generating has just:

bootloader --timeout=3 --extlinux

Which you can see from here:
https://github.com/cgwalters/fedora-atomic/blob/master/lorax-embed-repo.tmpl
 will have to make sure they have a
'clean' boot.iso, possibly leading to confusion.

So in this case, the only "media defaults" are something that no normal end consumer would ever want to override. A developer who was hacking on the system for other bootloader suport would just recompose the boot.iso.