Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Anyways a high level question I have: do we forsee producing
 separately-branded install media for Server and Workstation?  Right
 now it says "Welcome to Fedora"...should that change?

Branding basically comes from two places:  The system-release package
and the arguments passed to lorax/pungi/whatever.  The latter in
particular is where that "Welcome to..." message comes from.

Right. Duplication is kind of unavoidable if we want to show any branding on the boot screen and such before the UI has even loaded the repository data.

Though in the case of bootiso+content (traditional pungi DVD, my Project Atomic lorax boot.iso + ostree repo), we could potentially pull the branding from the target content, but eh.

If there are multiple per-payload UIs available and we want specific
products to use specific UIs, one option would be to have
lorax/pungi/whatever add the proper command line arguments to the
bootloader configs so anaconda always gets told which one to use.

Ah. What I'm doing now is appending to /usr/share/anaconda/interactive-defaults.ks. See:

https://github.com/cgwalters/fedora-atomic/commit/0d62bf62bd4756e49327af33b6190626141d3aa4

That seems to work pretty well; what do you think?