Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Colin Walters <walters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I haven't seen much active discussion go by about Anaconda and Fedora.next. So a breakdown:

Early accidental Control-Return.  So...

Server:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Technical_Specification

Workstation:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Technical_Specification

Cloud:
Still TODO:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Cloud_ToDo#technical_specifications

Anyways a high level question I have: do we forsee producing separately-branded install media for Server and Workstation? Right now it says "Welcome to Fedora"...should that change?

I am thinking at the moment that the Fedora Cloud Docker Host:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Docker_Cloud_Image
would be separately branded for several reasons. A technical reason to have a distinct installation media is that there's no UI for ostree right now in Anaconda, you have to enable it via kickstart.

I'm not sure if anyone from either Server or Workstation is actively following up on their Anaconda goals from the spec. Is there any discussion between the Anaconda group and those two that I've missed?

I have seen discussion of Anaconda + Cloud, but that case is very different as cloud *users* don't see Anaconda's UI generally, it's just a kickstart processor.