Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 05:47:00PM +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
> Cloud:
> Still TODO:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Cloud_ToDo#technical_specifications

Sorry :) But I can fill in the relevant part here -- we're planning on using
Anaconda to generate images for the three different spins (Cloud Base, Big
Data, and Atomic). This is basically covered by these accepted changes:

 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Move_to_ImageFactory_For_Cloud_Image_Creation
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Big_Data_Cloud_Image
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Docker_Cloud_Image

The last one needs some updates in light of the Cloud WG's updated plan
around atomic, but the basics are the same.

> I have seen discussion of Anaconda + Cloud, but that case is very
> different as cloud *users* don't see Anaconda's UI generally, it's
> just a kickstart processor.

Right, that. I don't know if this'll change if/when we get to the point of
also doing atomic-on-bare-metal (and other cattle-on-bare-metal) use cases,
but no one is working on those right now.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"