Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Move_to_ImageFactory_For_Cloud_Image_Creation

Right. Though if server and workstation use separate install media, an interesting
question arises - *which* anaconda image is used in Koji/ImageFactory?
In theory it shouldn't matter as the install media is just a kickstart processor, but
still...

Maybe the traditional install media should migrate to being Server by default, and Live = Workstation? That's almost how it is today, except that the install media defaults to "GNOME Desktop", so we'd want to change it to say "Welcome to Fedora Server..." and change the comps defaults to whatever
the Fedora Server defaults are.

Right, that. I don't know if this'll change if/when we get to the point of also doing atomic-on-bare-metal (and other cattle-on-bare-metal) use cases,
but no one is working on those right now.

I'm definitely working on baremetal Atomic myself, in fact I just did an
install a few minutes ago =)

I know this makes the story more confusing as it's under the Fedora Cloud umbrella, but the Atomic tech is really orthogonal to virtualization/cloud.
It'd probably be best in the Server group, but I think the tech is new
enough that experimenting with it in a cloud context is sane, and in any case there needs to be a Cloud-specific variant of Atomic
(with min-cloud-agent etc. enabled), in addition to a