Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 02:20:28PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > >However here's one possibility.  anaconda can actually parse multiple
> > >kickstart files and put the results into the same data store.  You can
> > >see that in anaconda the file if you search for parseKickstart.  Right
> > >now that's only for the interactive defaults stuff, but I could see
> > >adding some more code there to look in some other location even on
> > >kickstart installs, and then the installation media specific to a
> > >product can put kickstart snippets in that location.
> >
> > Yeah that's what I meant, you said it better though =)
> >
> > What do you think about
> > /usr/share/anaconda/kickstart-media-defaults.ks as a name?
>
> I read your initial post as advocating for a kickstart file to get
> included for *all* kickstart installs, while what I was suggesting is
> that we leave it up to the installation media for a specific product and
> not include a file with anaconda itself.

I think people should be including the needed snippets in their
kickstarts themselves -- this keeps the details explicit and in one
location. Stuffing things into the install media means that someone who
doesn't want that customization will have to make sure they have a
'clean' boot.iso, possibly leading to confusion. Think of the situation
where someone is trying to run blah.ks but now they actually need
blah.ks + special.iso in order to reproduce the results.