Re: no headphone volume

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 12:37:31AM +1030, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Can try a more recent live CD on the laptop, e.g. next Ubuntu release
> after 8.04? If headphone sound with it doesn't work, obtain an
> alsa-info.sh output from it, which can be compared with the alsa-info.sh
> from the laptop running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. (Was the script output you
> previously provided from your laptop or desktop BTW?)

Are you ready for this? Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, and Knopix 6.0
all xhibit the problem on my desktop box. NONE of them have the problem
on the laptop! My first impression was hardware but the external speakers
plugged into the same socket work fine.

The script output was from U8.04 on the desktop.

I'm listening to Monk's 'Round Midnight with the earphones as I type
this on the laptop.

At this point I am one snowed individual and would sell the wife plus
lease out the daughter at favorable terms for a solution.

--
Bob Holtzman
GPG key ID = 8D549279