Re: no headphone volume

Robert Holtzman wrote, on 2010-01-02 16:09:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 05:27:21PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

>>> You can either do:
>>>
>>> chmod +x alsa-info.sh
>>>
>>> then:
>>>
>>> ./alsa-info.sh
>>>
>>> or simply:
>>>
>>> sh alsa-info.sh
>> I know. I've been writing and running shell scripts for years. As I
>> said, I have permissions, owner, and group identical to my other
>> scripts. One thing I'm doing is trying to use all the options
>> (--with-aplay, --with-amixer, etc) at once. That may be causing a
>> problem. I need to find the time to sit down and play with it.
>
> Finally got the time to play with the script. I ran the command again
> and it functioned correctly. Don't know why it didn't before.
>
> Look at http://pastebin.ca/1734753.
>
> Thanks for your patience.

Nothing "leapt out at me" but I did notice that you were running:

< Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS
< Kernel release:    2.6.24-25-generic

< Driver version:     1.0.16
< Library version:    1.0.15
< Utilities version:  1.0.15

These versions are probably older than what you might like to be running
to fully support your hardware

I'm not sure if Ubuntu provides any option to upgrade your kernel
version and/or ALSA driver/library/utilities without having to upgrade
the entire distribution.