Re: no headphone volume

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Robert Holtzman wrote, on 2009-12-27 14:01:
>> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and Debian 5.0.3 both fully updated on my
>> desktop box. Can get almost no headphone volume on either distribution.
>> Speaker volume is O.K. Can't increase volume with alsamixer as the
>> vertical column indicating volume is completely collapsed. Also have a
>> laptop running Ubuntu 8.04 fully updated that doesn't exhibit this
>> problem.
>>
>> Have no idea how to trouble shoot this. Any ideas, docs, pointers
>> appreciated.
>>

> Hi, it is helpful to mention the particular model of machine, and also
> to run the script:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
>
> this script can upload details of your hardware and provide a URL to
> where it was uploaded, which you can post to this list.

There is no model number. It was built for me by one of the local Linux
friendly shops.

One thing I forgot to include in my post is that when I got the computer
the headphone volume was fine. I wonder if a kernel upgrade broke
something.

I'm having some trouble getting your script to run. I set permissions
owner and group to be identical to my other bash scripts but no joy.
I'll post the results to a pastebin as soon as I get it sorted out.

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279