Re: no headphone volume

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 12:00:04AM +1030, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Nothing "leapt out at me" but I did notice that you were running:
>
> < Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS
> < Kernel release:    2.6.24-25-generic
>
> < Driver version:     1.0.16
> < Library version:    1.0.15
> < Utilities version:  1.0.15
>
> These versions are probably older than what you might like to be running
> to fully support your hardware

Just checked Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic (which also exhibits the problem) that I also
have on the desktop and the driver, library, and utilities versions are all
1.0.20 nd the kernel is 2.6.31-17.

Maybe a coincidence but all 3 distros, Ubuntu 8.04, Ubuntu 9.10, and
Debian 5.0.3 all on the desktop box have the problem while Ubuntu 8.04
on my laptop doesn't. What's your opinion of a possible hardware
problem?

> I'm not sure if Ubuntu provides any option to upgrade your kernel
> version and/or ALSA driver/library/utilities without having to upgrade
> the entire distribution.

Moot question in view of the fact that the latest Ubuntu with newer
kernel and ALSA driver/library/utilities have the problem.

For the record I would have to wait for the devs to push new versions
out to the repros. I don't want to get into building from source as that
screws up automatic upgrades.

--
Bob Holtzman
GPG key ID = 8D549279