Re: Route JACK output to a usb headset

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 02:56 +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey guys!
> My laptop headphone jack broke (physically) so I decided to use a usb
> headset to solve the problem. Pulseaudio Device Chooser works fine to
> route normal audio to usb headphones (I have a Plantronics USB
> adaptor) but when I start JACK - the audio does not get routed to the
> USB headset.
> I tried using pulseaudio-module-jack, but what that did was route all
> possible audio to jack.
> Is it possible to route JACK audio to the usb headset somehow?
> Louigi Verona.

How I would do it is pulseaudio-module-jack and module-loopback in
Pulseaudio to loop the input from JACK source to the USB headset sink.

Be aware that anything you use JACK for should normally have nothing in
common with a USB headset due to latency etc.

It is possibly possible to do this in alsa as well (just like Bluetooth
headsets can be done in alsa) but I do not know how to. Some others here
may.