Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

> On Oct 3, 2022, at 3:07 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 19:24:07 +0100
> Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Way more than 800, IME.  And I'm still subscribed to it, even though
>> reading through the damn thing isn't physically possible.  About 1 or 2
>> percents gets past the "delete unopened" pass...
>
> I keep the last 10 weeks in my folder (and archive the rest.) That's 70
> days worth, and I have 78,109 emails currently in that folder. OK, it's
> been a while since I last took the average. It appears to be 1114 emails
> per day now. I blame the extra 300 emails a day being the stable updates :-D

I keep emails under three circumstances:
1) emails pertaining to whatever window we’re in on mainline. Since that’s 6.1, I only have emails pertaining to that.
2) the two most recent stable-rc emails for current stable versions
3) anything I’ve replied to or am Cc’d on

I erase emails each window for number 1, and numbers 2+3 get their emails erased after a month of no activity.

But, I do try to at least skim through everything that comes through LKML so I’m in-the-know, so to speak. (I know, that’s strange, but I’m a fast reader and am very deeply interested in it so it’s never been hard for me to keep up on the list.)

-srw