Re: Opcache crashes. Was: [PHP-WIN] 64 bit platform improvements

Dmitry Stogov in php.windows (Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:23:19 +0400):
>Thank you for report and tracking it down to particular commit.
>Unfortunately, I can't imagine what is wrong just analyzing the code.
>I suspect, that something must be wrong with optimization of some
>particular instruction.
>Anyway, I need to reproduce the problem

I know. I have now been able to reproduce the problem on my laptop and
on my development server. On the devserver, I have a setup, where the
https version of the site uses PHP 5.3 TS as mod_php and the http site
uses PHP 5.5.7 NTS from mod_fcgid. They are using exactly the same code.
I differentiate by direectories that are symlinked (directory junction
in MS speak).

This made it easy to switch the second PHP version and test when the
500-error occurs. A bit to my surprise it only happens for the NTS
versions of PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5. The NTS version of PHP 5.3 runs without
problems with the opcache form git-head.

And all the TS versions of 5.3/5.4/5.5 do not produce an error 500.

>Does PHP crashes on a first request to homepage of fresh Drupal 7
>installation?

No, alas. I tried other Drupal7 sites, but they do not crash.

>If it depends on your data, I can't reproduce it.

The site contains sensitive data, so free access is not possible. On the
other hand, logging in is not even required to reproduce the cash. Any
call to the Drupal7 of this site is enough to bring it down.

>I know, debugging on Windows is a pain :(

With the debugging tools I cannot even get a backtrace. There are no
segfaults just an end of script before the headers. So any tool that is
monitoring segfaults does not notice anything. Do you have any tips how
I can get a backtrace anyway?

>I would very appreciate, if you provide more or less compact reproducable
>case.

I will try to remove the sensitive data from the dev-database, hoping
that it will still crash after that.

Jan