Re: 64 bit platform improvements

On Thu, December 26, 2013 00:58, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:
> "Anatol Belski" in php.windows (Wed, 25 Dec 2013 03:33:01 +0100):
>
>> The opcache is still a sort of issue on windows.
>>

> It surely is. On my dev server I have been experimenting with two
> opcaches: 32-bit PHP 5.3 for Drupal6 en 64-bit for Drupal7 and others.
> Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. The 64-bit mmap base seems to be
> chosen rather randomly and that seemed to be the decisive factor if 2
> caches could coexist happily together.

Yes, ASLR it is, memory address randomization. I think on Linux the issue
were the same under circumstances.

> Ontopic again: the bad news is that I am now getting segfaults with the
> experimental builds in Drupal7. I do not know what caused the change (might
> be the upgrade of some Drupal modules). Anyway: opcache in the
> experimental builds now fails for Drupal (not for Wordpress), even if I
> use only 1 opcache. I tried it with your 64-bit build, my 64-bit build and
> my x86 NTS build: all are a no-go now.
There was a number of commits to opcache last week, I also merged them
into str_size_and_int64 branch. So the code base should be comparable. I
think the best way to handle it yet is using bugs.php.net, especially as
you mean the mainstream is unstable now as well. So if you can get a repro
case, or even just a BT, it'd be already the pretense to file a ticket.

> Sorry to spoil the initial joy. But on the other hand: opcache needs to
> be fixed for Windows anyway.

The joy is almost untouched :), opcache is something we know to cause
issues in the mainstream too.

Thanks

Anatol