Re: 64 bit platform improvements

"Anatol Belski" in php.windows (Wed, 25 Dec 2013 03:33:01 +0100):
>The opcache is still a sort of issue on windows.

It surely is. On my dev server I have been experimenting with two
opcaches: 32-bit PHP 5.3 for Drupal6 en 64-bit for Drupal7 and others.
Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. The 64-bit mmap base seems to be
chosen rather randomly and that seemed to be the decisive factor if 2
caches could coexist happily together.

Ontopic again: the bad news is that I am now getting segfaults with the
experimental builds in Drupal7. I do not know what caused the change
(might be the upgrade of some Drupal modules). Anyway: opcache in the
experimental builds now fails for Drupal (not for Wordpress), even if I
use only 1 opcache. I tried it with your 64-bit build, my 64-bit build
and my x86 NTS build: all are a no-go now.

Sorry to spoil the initial joy. But on the other hand: opcache needs to
be fixed for Windows anyway.

Jan