Re: 64 bit platform improvements

Hi Anatol,

"Anatol Belski" in php.windows (Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:51:48 +0100):
>Ups, that's rather surprised me. None of PECL extension was yet patched, I
>think none of those will really work. Even if they luckily compiled, there
>is a lot of things to fail. As wrong datatypes, parameter formats, etc.
>are used. It's actually on TODOs to prevent compilation of the unpatched
>extensions. The tricky thing is to catch runtime issues on the compile
>time. Feeling bad not to mentioning that in the first mail.

No harm done. I like to experiment ;-)

Most likely your Russian is a lot better than mine, but this article got
me in the compiling business some years ago:
http://sergey89.ru/notes/ffmpeg-php-windows/

After figuring out what Sergey was saying, I managed to compile
php_ffmpeg.dll fir (then) PHP 5.3. Since then all my builds contain a
php_ffmpeg.dll for querying the specs of video recordings and making
thumbnails.

Of course I tried to patch and compile php_ffmpeg. I only replaced the
'long' things with their 'int' couterparts.

REGISTER_LONG_CONSTANT := REGISTER_INT_CONSTANT
ZVAL_LONG := ZVAL_INT
RETURN_LONG := RETURN_INT
convert_to_long_ex := convert_to_int_ex
Z_LVAL_PP := Z_DVAL_PP (I was not really sure about this one)

Most of these changes were in ffmpeg_frame.c. The result: it compiled,
but the frame functions failed (and thus also the making of a
thumbnail). Compare these two:

http://x32.elijst.nl/fftest.php (PHP 5.3.28)
http://x32.elijst.nl/fftest.php5f (PHP 5.7.0-dev)

The experimental php_ffmpeg.dll stops, where the stable build continues
with 'get frame = true'. I will have to debug ffmpeg_frame.c to see
where it goes wrong.

>> Initial tests with Drupal7, Wordpress and custom PHP sites did not show
>> anything abnormal. They just ran.
>>
>And that's amazingly great to hear. As it's really about the core right
>now, and it's been yet tested almost with synthetics only ... especially
>some real life tests passing are a great thing to know. Also interesting
>of course are the edge cases regarding LFS, 64 bit integers and long
>strings (as far as i could see many are covered in phpt).

This is the Wordpress site:
http://brussel.albatros-amsterdam.nl/
It only is a MySQL replication slave of the production site, so some
images may be missing. And the 'internal' links point to the production
site as well. But it runs.

I cannot show you the Drupal7 site, because it is behind a login.

Server Apache/2.4.6 (Win32 VC9), PHP running under mod_fcgid/2.3.7 with
Zend OPcache enabled. The php_opcache.dll is slightly modified to
accomodate two opcaches for different PHP version under Windows:
https://github.com/zendtech/ZendOptimizerPlus/issues/109#issuecomment-20673616
The last comment refers to you, BTW.

The only thing I have noticed until now is, that I saw a lot of fcgid
instances of php-cgi.exe running yesterday. Maybe they were not
terminated. I will keep an eye on that.

Jan