Re: PHP 64-bit binaries?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes Pierre - on the larger systems we run multiple machines, but on sites
>>
>> We are not talking about a linux stack here. And a server, even on the
>> same machine, has nothing to do with the clients connecting to it, as
>> explained earlier already.
>
> ? I'm running the full stack on windows as 64 bit code and seeing a
> performance improvement over the 32bit version. Stripping parts out of the
> 64 bit stack and just running them 32bit may be worth the effort

Quoting your last mail:

" Everything running on the Linux boxes is 64 bit, and everything is
built from the same code base, so I will continue to use a single
64bit stack ..". So let stop this confusing discussion, points have
been made, we have ran extensive tests with all possible apps and
backends, PHP is actually slower and not stable enough and in some
extend less safe when built as 64bit. And I refer only to PHP and its
libraires here, not external tools like databases.

Cheers,
--
Pierre