Re: PHP 64-bit binaries?

Keith Davis wrote:
From everything that I've heard, there is not much benefit to a x64
binary for PHP.

Running all 64bit including the database, I'm seeing a reasonable performance improvement over a pure 32 bit set-up on the same AMD 64bit hardware using 64bit vista order of 10 to 15% faster. It was also worth pointing out that the same hardware runs a good 50% faster again on a 64bit Linux OS. I think this shows that the OS is the problem rather than the 64bit software, but the Linux OS does seem to use the multiple cores more efficiently. I've not tested both with a 64 bit version of Windows7, the full 64bit setup installed and ran, so I've not bothered swapping to all 32bit.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL