Re: New Windows user having trouble with Apache and PHP

You said you changed the port to 8080 but you didn't specify that in the browser URL. By default all web browsers connect to port 80 unless you specify otherwise. You need to use the address:

http://localhost:8080/phpinfo.php

Cheers.

Armando

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
Windows/PHP Users,

I'm new to PHP and I had a question about getting PHP and Apache set
up on Windows. I've installed both PHP and  Apache on my computer per
the install instructions. I have successfully started the Apache
server, after I changed the port from 80 to 8080.

However, when I try to test my Apache/PHP by directing my browser to
http://localhost/phpinfo.php I receive the following error:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost."

I'm pretty sure that Apache is up and running, so I'm a little
confused by this warning. Could it be a firewall setting on my
computer or a configuration setting on my browser?

I would really appreciate a place to start looking, or any ideas on
where I can look to get this fixed.

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - I'm running Windows 2000 on a Dell Precision 530. Mozilla
Firefox is my browser. I'm using the latest stable releases of both
PHP and Apache.