New Windows user having trouble with Apache and PHP

Windows/PHP Users,

I'm new to PHP and I had a question about getting PHP and Apache set
up on Windows. I've installed both PHP and  Apache on my computer per
the install instructions. I have successfully started the Apache
server, after I changed the port from 80 to 8080.

However, when I try to test my Apache/PHP by directing my browser to
http://localhost/phpinfo.php I receive the following error:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost."

I'm pretty sure that Apache is up and running, so I'm a little
confused by this warning. Could it be a firewall setting on my
computer or a configuration setting on my browser?

I would really appreciate a place to start looking, or any ideas on
where I can look to get this fixed.

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - I'm running Windows 2000 on a Dell Precision 530. Mozilla
Firefox is my browser. I'm using the latest stable releases of both
PHP and Apache.