Re: outlook calendar

tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
= = = Original message = = =

Good morning,

Is it possible to reach the data of the outlook calendar (on a server
exchange) with php?

Thank you for advance

I've never tried using PHP to connect to an Exchange server directly, but I've done some stuff with using PHP to connect via COM to Outlook itself (and let Outlook do all the hard work of getting data from Exchange).

Here's some sample code to read calendar entries.  Remember, you have to have Outlook currently running on the PC that PHP is running on.

Good luck!

-TG

<?php
$comobjOutlook = new COM("outlook.application") or die("Unable to instantiate outlook"); $comobjOutlook -> Activate;

PHP 5.0.3 crashed after trying this... it complained that there was no property named "Activate". I then tried changing Activate to Activate() in case it was supposed to be a method, but that failed as well. So much for copy and paste, is it ever that easy?

I always have problems with COM.  :-/  Perhaps there is another issue
that I'm unaware of that is preventing me from using COM and / or
preventing Outlook from responding correctly?  Anyone know what I might try?

I should probably add: I'm running Win2K v5.00.2195 (with all critical
updates).  I will try running this code on my WinXP laptop later to see
if the OS is my issue...

-- Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2