PHP 5 and MySQL..Anyone have a Clue???

I like most of the new fucntionality (especially the Zend 2.0 Engine) in
PHP5, but MySQL functionality is not built into PHP as it has been on
previous versions.

So what do I get the MySQL Client Library?
What do I do then?

There are a lot of people out there who use PHP/MySQL for many things, and
now it looks like it is going to be a Major hurdle to continue.  Has
Microsoft bought into PHP 5.0 and chosen this path to make it such a pain
that we will go out and buy MS SQL and use IIS?