AW: open directory and read the file

Simply do a
>    while ($file = readdir($handle)){

and make your directory current inserting
        chdir('c:\apache\htdocs');
just before the line where you finally check success of the fopen using

>         if ($handle_file = fopen ($find_file, "r")) {
>         }
>         else print 'Unable to open file '.$find_file;

because most likely c:\apache\htdocs isn't the current dir when
executing the fopen (opendir does not make a dir current to fopen).
Alternately you might want to feed the complete pathname
(including dir) to the fopen.

Besides: in a case where you know the filename in advance you might
leave out the directory search completely, thus saving a lot of execution
time.

HTH
--
Sven

directory data contains of file:
> Computername.txt
> IPaddress.txt
> status.txt
>
> and i want search a file on the directory and open it, for example i want
search file IPaddress.txt and when file IPaddress.txt found, i want open
it, read and display the contains of the file.

> the script that i have is like this :
> <?php
> $find_file="name.txt";
> if ($handle = opendir('C:\apache\htdocs')){
>    while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))){
>        if ($file == $find_file){
>        echo " file found $file<br>";
>
>           // i want to open the file, but i am confuse with the file
handle
>           $handle_file = fopen ($find_file, "r");
>              while (!feof ($handle_file)){
>                $buffer = fgets($handle_file, 4096);
>             echo "$buffer<br>";
>     }
>     }
>    }
>    closedir($handle);
> }
> ?>
> this script does'nt run correctly i have an error message, "Warning:
Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in
c:\apache\htdocs\fseek\readdir.php on line 11"

> I confuse with the file handle, because is different with opening file
like usually, what should i do...??? does any one can help me...??