Re: open directory and read the file

I think you have the problem in:

$handle_file = fopen ($find_file, "r");
while (!feof ($handle_file)){
    $buffer = fgets($handle_file, 4096);
    echo "$buffer<br>";
}

Right? Well, I think the next code could help you:

<?  $cats = file("test.txt");
    for($i=0; $i<count($cats); $i++) {
      echo $cats[$i]."<br>";
    }
?>

This prints each line of the text file. I hope it helps you.

"Idur" <bakpia_lumpia@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
20031223174226.80460.qmail@web40507.mail.yahoo.com">news:20031223174226.80460.qmail@web40507.mail.yahoo.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I want read a directory and open a file inside the directory, for example
directory data contains of file:
> Computername.txt
> IPaddress.txt
> status.txt
>
> and i want search a file on the directory and open it, for example i want
search file IPaddress.txt and when file IPaddress.txt found, i want open it,
read and display the contains of the file.

> the script that i have is like this :
> <?php
> $find_file="name.txt";
> if ($handle = opendir('C:\apache\htdocs')){
>    while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))){
>        if ($file == $find_file){
>        echo " file found $file<br>";
>
>           // i want to open the file, but i am confuse with the file
handle
>           $handle_file = fopen ($find_file, "r");
>              while (!feof ($handle_file)){
>                $buffer = fgets($handle_file, 4096);
>             echo "$buffer<br>";
>     }
>     }
>    }
>    closedir($handle);
> }
> ?>
> this script does'nt run correctly i have an error message, "Warning:
Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in
c:\apache\htdocs\fseek\readdir.php on line 11"

> I confuse with the file handle, because is different with opening file
like usually, what should i do...??? does any one can help me...??