open directory and read the file

Hi there,

I want read a directory and open a file inside the directory, for example directory data contains of file:
Computername.txt
IPaddress.txt
status.txt

and i want search a file on the directory and open it, for example i want search file IPaddress.txt and when file IPaddress.txt found, i want open it, read and display the contains of the file.

the script that i have is like this :
<?php
$find_file="name.txt";
if ($handle = opendir('C:\apache\htdocs')){
   while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))){
       if ($file == $find_file){
       echo " file found $file<br>";

          // i want to open the file, but i am confuse with the file handle
          $handle_file = fopen ($find_file, "r");
             while (!feof ($handle_file)){
               $buffer = fgets($handle_file, 4096);
            echo "$buffer<br>";
    }
    }
   }
   closedir($handle);
}
?>
this script does'nt run correctly i have an error message, "Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in c:\apache\htdocs\fseek\readdir.php on line 11"

I confuse with the file handle, because is different with opening file like usually, what should i do...??? does any one can help me...??

Thanx
idur