imagecopyresampled question

Hi all and merry christmas (and a happy new year)!

I use fixed values in this example, but of course it is variables in my
script...

Let's say I have an image uploaded to the server: 650x400px...
Now, I've selected a square out of this image using a flash app that returns
the coordinates i've selected. The coordinates are:
start_x:    100px;
start_y:    120px;
end_x:     300px; (or width:200px;)
end_y:     350px; (or height:200px;)

No I need to use php to take this square out of the uploaded image and make
it a 50x50px thumbnail. How should it be done?

thanks for your help!

.bobo