[1.3.40] Fast channel switching resets

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>

>>Originally I didn't want to release a new version of VDR today,
>>but since this repeat thing is rather problematic, and there is
>>also a serious problem with the version of EPG events after a
>>restart, I'm thinking of making a new release later today. So
>>if somebody could confirm that this patch actually works, that
>>would be nice.
>

> I'm afraid it's not reliable enough with the default REPEATDELAY of 350
> in lirc.c (sometimes cDIsplayChannels still gets a kNone before the
> k_Release).
> Changing REPEATDELAY to 250 seems to work better, but I don't think is
> the definitive solution.

REPEATDELAY is the time from the first keypress until the repeat
function actually kicks in. I'm afraid I don't see how this would
have an effect here.

Ok, if the events from LIRC are actually more than 250ms apart,
then skipping one could result in the repeatDelay timeout to
expire. So maybe you should rather try increasing REPEATTIMEOUT
in remote.c. I'd say a value of 1000 should really be enough for any
remote control (after all, a repeat function is supposed to be _fast_ ;-).

Klaus