[1.3.40] Fast channel switching resets

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>

>>>Ok, I see in lirc.c that the REPEATDELAY is 350 (used not only to start
>>>the repeat but also to detect that there's no key pressed to generate a
>>>release), changing it to 150 and using a delay of 200 in interface.c
>>>seems to solve it (but still I'm not sure it is completely reliable).
>>
>>It's not reliable.
>>Maybe, instead of just raising the delay in interface (which kinda
>>defeats the purpose of not waiting) cDisplayChannel should remember that
>>a key repeat is in effect and just ignore kNone until a key release or a
>>timeout.
>

> I just tried to do that with a quick and dirty hack (in order to avoid
> recompiling everything and plugins, instead of adding a boolean member I
> "overloaded" number) and it seems to work fine (with the original
> timeouts in lirc and interface).

Based on your suggestion I have implemented a repeat timeout in cRemote,
so it should work with any kind of remote control, and for all kinds
of menus.

Please try the attached patch (against VD 1.3.40) and run it with
the original interface.c.

Originally I didn't want to release a new version of VDR today,
but since this repeat thing is rather problematic, and there is
also a serious problem with the version of EPG events after a
restart, I'm thinking of making a new release later today. So
if somebody could confirm that this patch actually works, that
would be nice.

Klaus