cVideoRepacker: found system start code: stream seems to be scrambled or not demultiplexed

Hi,

Martin Dauskardt wrote:

> Jan 28 12:43:45 linvdr user.debug vdr: [3078] PES packet shortened to 1656
> bytes (expected: 1840 bytes)

This line shows me, that a TS packet (188 byte: 4 byte header + 184 byte
payload) was lost. When the recording ended, you should get a couple of
TS discontinuities reported in syslog.

The remuxer cannot recreate those lost bytes, but just inform about this
issue. Next, one has to check, why TS packets get lost: driver isssue,
hardware issue, etc.?

> BER according to femon is below 400, this should be good enough.

The signal may be strong enough, but it could also be a matter of the
driver or hardware setup/configuration that packets get lost.

> I never noticed this with recordings on the DVB-T-device.

Possibly, because it is a different hardware/setup/configuration.

> On vdrportal three guys reported the same problem.

Do they all have similar hardware/setup/configuration?
Are there other people without this issue?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx