VDR+DXR3 - stability problems (possible patch)

Jon,

I built the plugin last night with two of your patches:

1. The pthread_setschedparam idea suggested on em8300-devel
2. The timeout patch posted on this list a few days ago

This looks like a replacement to them both with some additional changes
to dxr3demuxdevice.  Have I read this correctly?

I also notice that there is no change to VDR's thread.c in this patch.
Do you think that this is un-necessary?  I am keen to maintain a single
VDR tree and was worried that the change to thread.c might have a
negative effect on slower machines using the Xine plugin (I have a
couple of these).

Sorry for all the questions.  I really appreciate all your posts and
patches for the DXR3 plugin, as well as those of Luca, Ville, Martin and
others.  For the first time yesterday (as I hadn't updated the plugin in
a month or so), I was able to play Tetris using the OSD ;)

I will try the updated patch in the next couple of days and post back
any findings.

Best wishes,

Allan