VDR+DXR3 - stability problems (possible patch)

Seppo Ingalsuo napisa?(a):

> I think have seen these lockups when switching to non-active satellite
> channales or to satellite channels with corrupted data (there are many
> on Hotbird). Now the watchdog doesn't kill VDR as often and it is
> possible to manage interactively satellite channel list. This patch is
> an improvement to current plugin state.

OK, I when I unconnect Sat plug (no valid sat data) DXR3 plugin hangs
very often during OSD display. Probably problem is displaying OSD
without valid primary picture stream. Maybe sending "no signal" screen
every second between valid data streems is a solution?!

> However the problem where OSD graphics start to jump and flicker for a
> while and VDR gets stuck for quite long time is still present. It
> happens repeatably also in mp3 plugin or muggle plugin usage where
> playback of a song gets interrupted every now and then for a couple of
> seconds which is pretty annoying. Mp3 plugin worked better due to more
> stable OSD with the earlier dxr3 plugin version I mentioned. Have
> other dxr3 users seen this?

Yes, I have this. Menu shows mixed trashes (swaped lines etc.) and VDR
hangs for long time. Maybe I take snapshot some time.

> This is a bit off-topic, not related to this patch: I also tried to
> activate mp3 background image display but that seems to fail.
> According to logs my cover.jpg's get converted to mpg format but
> nothing is shown. Playback doesn't start without pressing jump keys.

Yes, I have the same issue - no background with mp3 plugin :-(

I try vdr DXR3 plugin and Xine-VDR+fbxine -V dxr3, and with booth
options there is issue "fifo full". Yesterday I changed microcode
(em8300.uc) shipped with linux driver (version 0x29) to newest one
(version 0x2e) and the playback seems far more stable - I have no hangs
up till now during playback. But I have random lockups during displaying
"black screen" (no valid tv stream) with visible OSD - short after VDR
starts.

--
Mikolaj Tutak