VDR+DXR3 - stability problems (possible patch)

Hi,

I've noticed that dxr3 cvs has become more unstable than so time ago
(about that time when yellow OSD garbage in e.g. STTNG skin was fixed in
dxr3 plugin) so I gave this a try.

Jon Burgess wrote:

> The patch attached also seems to help the plugin recover more
> gracefully  when it gets some bad data. It still needs some more work
> because sometimes the stream still needs to be manually stopped and
> restarted to resume playback (but at least it does stop instead,
> rather than locking up vdr).
>
> I think the problem that this patch helps address is that the
> dvbplayer thread gets stuck waiting for the flush to finish and the
> main VDR thread cancels it. Unfortunately the thread sometimes holds a
> lock on the dxr3syncbuffer and this stops the video output thread.
> With the patch applied, the flush returns and thread exits before the
> 3 second thread cancel timeout.

I think have seen these lockups when switching to non-active satellite
channales or to satellite channels with corrupted data (there are many
on Hotbird). Now the watchdog doesn't kill VDR as often and it is
possible to manage interactively satellite channel list. This patch is
an improvement to current plugin state.

However the problem where OSD graphics start to jump and flicker for a
while and VDR gets stuck for quite long time is still present. It
happens repeatably also in mp3 plugin or muggle plugin usage where
playback of a song gets interrupted every now and then for a couple of
seconds which is pretty annoying. Mp3 plugin worked better due to more
stable OSD with the earlier dxr3 plugin version I mentioned. Have other
dxr3 users seen this?

This is a bit off-topic, not related to this patch: I also tried to
activate mp3 background image display but that seems to fail. According
to logs my cover.jpg's get converted to mpg format but nothing is shown.
Playback doesn't start without pressing jump keys.

Seppo