VDR+DXR3 - stability problems (possible patch)

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 10:35 +0200, Martin Cap wrote:
> Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:

> > However the problem where OSD graphics start to jump and flicker for a
> > while and VDR gets stuck for quite long time is still present. It
> > happens repeatably also in mp3 plugin or muggle plugin usage where
> > playback of a song gets interrupted every now and then for a couple of
> > seconds which is pretty annoying. Mp3 plugin worked better due to more
> > stable OSD with the earlier dxr3 plugin version I mentioned. Have other
> > dxr3 users seen this?
>
> Sure. But concerning the OSD going beserk, you can try playing around
> with the value
> DEFINES+=-DFLUSHRATE=40 in the Makefile. I might help a little. But this is
> still an open issue.

Yep.  Try -DFLUSHRATE=50, with that I don't remember ever seeing the
flicker effect, but on the other hand 50ms is also just about where the
delay starts to be somewhat annoying for example when quickly switching
between entries in the OSD menus.

Something in addition to that; attached is a patch that backports the
DXR3 hardware SPU decoder functionality from CVS HEAD to the vdr-
dxr3-0-2 branch.  It improves things somewhat here (in particular it
fixes colors of DVD subtitles), but also triggers another "feature".

The palette seems to be changed slightly too early at times, for example
when repeatedly opening/closing the channel info OSD, the info turns
momentarily all green here before disappearing (or white if there are
DVB subtitles in the current channel showing immediately after the
channel info closes).

If someone tries this out, let me know how it works for you.