EPIA M with FF Card

Leo M?rquez schrieb:
> Hi!
> I have an EPIA M motherboard and a Nexus-s FF DVB-s card.
> What kind of VDR/plugins implementation do you recommend to me?
The Epia will be too slow to play MPEG4 I bet. So you don't have to
bother with the MPlayer-Plugin. But you can have anything else, like
DVD, VCD, Image, MP3 etc.
> I have planned to use the svga out from the nexus
You mean the chinch video out on the Nexus.
 and the onboard EPIA
> RCA to the 6 channel audio output.
I guess you'll have to use the bitstreamout plugin for that.
> What mpeg2 hardware decoder you recommend to use? The nexus mpeg2
> decoder included in the dvb-s pci card or the mpeg2 decoder included in
> the CLE266 chipset?
Definitely the Nexus's mpeg2 decoder.
> In the last option I have to use the softdevice plugin?
No, just use the Nexus's mpeg2 decoder
> Can I turn the FF card and use a cheaper budget card with the CLE266 hw
> mpeg decoder with the same quality?
Possible, but hard to set up. Don't bother with it in the beginning. DON'T!
> Witch combination do you think is better?
> To many questions are unanswered in my head. Sorry about it and thanks
> for your help.

Cheers

Sebastian