Re: Compiling trn

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 03:27:36PM +0200, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:
>
> > Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
 >>
> >> Trn has never crahsed with this error after I have 'processed' (= read in)
> >> the headers, the mentioned errors happen after going through the newsgroup,
> >> and marking bunches of articles as 'read'. (Using 'J').
> >
> > Just tried it on a test of 600K articles.  Marked by searching on the letter
> > "a" and then hit "J".  No problems.
>
> Well, wonderful it doesn't crash for you, but it does crash for me.
> Perhaps something in the overview format or another, server-specific,
> difference causes my crashes...

If you haven't done so already, I think it might be worth getting the
latest sources from CVS.  I've been running from CVS (built into a Debian
package) for a couple of years now and have found it worth the rebuild.

I haven't had your persistent segfaults but the changes fix a number of
niggling little buffer/threading problems and I found they solved some
of the other crashes I was having apparently due to overview/threading
issues.

Nick