Re: how to suppress icons in systray ? the plot thickens

On Tue, 9 May 2023 13:30:22 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 May 2023 09:41:51 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:

> > Have you done The Bleeding Obvious, created a new user, and seen
> > whether or not the behaviour persists there?  (I can't recall the content
> > of all your previous posts on this, so for all I know you may have.)
> >
> In fact, my recent spate of posts are all indirectly related to the fact that
> I decided to change my user name just so I could spot some of these niggling
> yet bothersome pests; things which have crept in over the years, especially
> since my earliest days of running Linux, and discovering KDE3 (which used to
> be, by the way, the only DE that I have ever loved).

Yeah, but did you copy your old config files into the new user account (and
thus bring all their brokenness with them) or recreate the config from scratch?
I seem to very vaguely recall that you may have done the former, which
wouldn't be useful in fixing your issues.

E. Liddell