Re: how to suppress icons in systray ? the plot thickens

On Monday 24 April 2023 14:41:46 William Morder wrote:
> On Monday 24 April 2023 14:20:57 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> > William Morder via tde-users wrote:

Okay, so I mentioned that, when I get into a creative burst and open several
different applications in quick successsion, that's when ksystray opens
duplicate "ghost icons" as I call them, which, to begin with serve no
discernible purpose, except to clutter up my systray with stuff I don't use.
They all offer, when I right-click on them, options to hide, undock or quit,
but from what I have tried, this really only amounts to two options, which is
quit or leave it alone. Since I can quit it by just killing the program, or
by ctrl-Q or other command, I don't see the point; and undock always just
kills the program anyway. So really, of your three choices, there is only one
left, which is to leave it alone; which means, logically, that it is no
choice at all, that those icons just take up space.

But anyway, I have added a screenshot, as evidence of ksystray's lawless
behavior. Please see attachment. Those icons represent, respectively, not
only kpdf, but also libreoffice, kuickshow, and leafpad; because, when I am
writing this sort of document, I transfer from raw text, to office doc, to
pdf, and last to a jpeg of the pdf. When I am on a roll, this is what
happens.

Somehow I will figure out a hack to suppress this irksome imp, once and for
all, but in the meanwhile, I put it to the developers and more knowledgeable
users out there, why do we have this thing which isn't really all that
useful? I myself want my machines to be not only functional, but also
pleasing to the eyes (at least, to my own eyes). I realize that others may
prefer their industrial drab, but it's my box here.

Anyway, somebody asked for a screenshot that demonstrates this deviant
behavior, as  apparently this would be a bug. So here's the proof. Please see
attachment.

Bill