Re: how to suppress icons in systray ? the plot thickens

On Tue, 9 May 2023 04:24:54 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Somehow I will figure out a hack to suppress this irksome imp, once and for
> all, but in the meanwhile, I put it to the developers and more knowledgeable
> users out there, why do we have this thing which isn't really all that
> useful? I myself want my machines to be not only functional, but also
> pleasing to the eyes (at least, to my own eyes). I realize that others may
> prefer their industrial drab, but it's my box here.

Presumably, someone at some time, probably ~20 years ago, found it useful
to be able to park one or two specific applications with no systray support
in the systray.  That's why ksystraycmd exists.  On most systems, it's harmless
and never gets invoked.  Whatever is going on here seems to be peculiar
to your machine.

This is a shot in the dark, but have you checked the file associations on
your system for application/octet-stream and other executable file types
to see if that's what's invoking ksystraycmd?

Have you done The Bleeding Obvious, created a new user, and seen
whether or not the behaviour persists there?  (I can't recall the content
of all your previous posts on this, so for all I know you may have.)

E. Liddell