Re: how to suppress icons in systray ? the plot thickens

On Tuesday 09 May 2023 09:41:51 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2023 04:24:54 -0700

> Whatever is going on here seems to be
> peculiar to your machine.

People have often used the word *peculiar* when speaking of myself and
anything related to me, as in, "Ain't that peculiar?"

> This is a shot in the dark, but have you checked the file associations on
> your system for application/octet-stream and other executable file types
> to see if that's what's invoking ksystraycmd?

So far, it seems to be something connected to the "Open With" dialogue, but I
haven't figured out exactly why, only worked out a rather cumbersome hack
that will suppress those little buggers, but it seems like using a
sledgehammer to tune a violin.

> Have you done The Bleeding Obvious, created a new user, and seen
> whether or not the behaviour persists there?  (I can't recall the content
> of all your previous posts on this, so for all I know you may have.)
>
> E. Liddell

In fact, my recent spate of posts are all indirectly related to the fact that
I decided to change my user name just so I could spot some of these niggling
yet bothersome pests; things which have crept in over the years, especially
since my earliest days of running Linux, and discovering KDE3 (which used to
be, by the way, the only DE that I have ever loved).

TDE does have its little bugs now and then, but it still stands far above all
the competition. Long live TDE!!

Bill

P.S. My ASD expresses itself in its own unique way, which is an occasional
obsession for aesthetic perfection. Everything can be falling down around me,
but when I create that thing that is "just right", I am not so bothered by
all that other terrible stuff that's going on in the word. But my TDE desktop
is just a minor obsession; not like when I really go nuts.