Re: trinity's version of "identify"

On Tue May 9 2023 12:28:13 Jim via tde-users wrote:
> > I can't find a TDE "identify" program.  Can you tell me where you are
> > finding it please?
>
> Mine is in /opt/trinity/bin/identify.
>
> The build scripts for Slackware put the TDE stuff either in /opt/trinity or
> in /opt/tde, at the option of the person building it.
>
> Your question makes me wonder whether the pre-built Debian packages install
> TDE under /usr or under /opt.

For Debian and Ubuntu the pre-built packages install TDE in /opt/trinity.

> If you have the "locate" program running on your system you could also try
>         locate bin/identify
> and see how many matching files it comes up with.

I've searched several ways and have not yet found an "identify" in TDE.

When was your /opt/trinity/bin/identify created?  Does this match your
other TDE executables?

What is the output of running "ldd /opt/trinity/bin/identify"?

Can you tell the main source file from which your /opt/trinity/bin/identify
was built?

Thanks,

--Mike