Re: Coexistence of TDE and KDE

On Saturday 11 of March 2023 03:08:37 Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> On 3/10/23 8:04 PM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
> > AFAIK all of TDE has been re-named so that it does not interfere with,
> > or is interfered by, KDE.  Slávek would have the definitive answer.
>
> What does that mean? All conflicting binary and lib names have been
> renamed? TDE can be installed in /usr along with KDE and other normal
> DEs? Or TDE remains relegated to /opt purgatory?

Many libraries and several binaries have been renamed, but there are still
many binaries that could cause conflicts in the event of installation
in /usr/... so there is still a good idea to install TDE in a separate
directory such as /opt /trinity/... The renaming of all other libraries
and binaries is still a big topic that we will not avoid sooner or later.
Because such extensive renaming, however, will not benefit existing users,
but potentially only problems, it requires thorough planning and has a
lower priority.

Cheers
--
Slávek