Re: Coexistence of TDE and KDE

On 2023-03-10 20:08:37 Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> On 3/10/23 8:04 PM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
> > AFAIK all of TDE has been re-named so that it does not interfere with, or
> > is interfered by, KDE.  Slávek would have the definitive answer.
>
> What does that mean? All conflicting binary and lib names have been
> renamed? TDE can be installed in /usr along with KDE and other normal
> DEs? Or TDE remains relegated to /opt purgatory?

	I'm not sure about KDE plasma, but when the KDE team replaced KDE3 with KDE4 they assumed
that their users would immediately upgrade their KDE, so they used the same program or
library names that KDE3 had been using, so that mixing programs or libraries from both
KDEs caused a certain amount of chaos.
	The Trinity team has converted all of the Trinity component names to avoid collisions
between KDE and TDE, but until they completed that migration it was not possible to have
both KDE and TDE installed at the same time.

Leslie
--
Platform:		GNU/Linux
Hardware:		x86_64