Coexistence of TDE and KDE

I made these comments in response to a different topic and suspect
they were overlooked as a result. Hence, another attempt. On a Fedora
37 system with KDE (5) working, I installed TDE. All of it except
the applications.

Having KDE 5 installed before installing TDE seems to have resulted
in some confusion. The DE startup splash screen, for example, says it
is starting Plasma by KDE. Once started, it does appear to actually
be TDE.

But some parts of TDE don't work as expected. For example, the TDE
Control Center doesn't start if selected from the start menu. Nothing
at all happens. Starting kcontrol from a shell does start what appears
to be the program but nothing in it works. On exit, the shell reports,
"WARNING: No TDE menu group with X-TDE-BaseGroup=settings found |
Defaulting to Settings/".

Is this sort of installation expected to work? Would it have been
better to start with a fresh install?
--
Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA     "What right does Congress have to go
dave@xxxxxxxxxxx, +1 714 434 7359   around making laws just because they