Re: drop-in ubuntu replacements?

Thanks, everybody. Much to think about. My second thought is that the
cleanest way, probably, is the de-scummed Ubuntu, Trisquel. They do have,
or at least did have, a recipe for relatively pain-free migration. I would
soon upgrade to 22.04 from 20.04 anyway, but no, I'm not idiot enough to
do both the migration and the upgrade at the same time, thereby not
knowing what broke what gets broken, it comes down now to whether I want
to upgrade Ubuntu before crossing the street to the decent part of town,
or migrating to Trisquel and then upgrade. I'm thinking the former.

My first thought is that I don't want to do either until the publisher has
signed off on the book and I'm well and truly done with it. So my
panicked "oh my God, I broke everything" post is still probably weeks or
months away.

Thanks again.
--
dep