Trisquel/drop-in ubuntu replacement

Just found this reply to my note on their list about jumping from Ubuntu to
Trisquel. They're actually ideologically even more purist than Debian is,
it seems -- there's a non-free Debian repository nowadays, isn't there?
Anyway:

First of all: welcome!

> there are certain "non-free" packages i need, particularly video drivers.

The Trisquel community will not "help" you install non-free software,
because it does not consider it would actually be helping you:
https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/trisquel-community-guidelines

> by pointing at the trisquel servers in my /etc/apt/sources.list instead
> of ubuntu ones, i can switch by simply doing the usual apt update / apt
> upgrade

Non-free packages would remain and would never be upgraded, even if
vulnerabilities in them are exploited.

If I were you, I would export the list of installed packages following
https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/cloning-system-or-how-make-copy-installed-packages-one-computer-another
(for instance), make a fresh install of Trisquel 11 Beta 6 (based on Ubuntu
22.04) using the ISO on https://cdbuilds.trisquel.org/aramo/ providing your
desktop environment of preference (tell us which one it is if you do not
know what ISO to download) and import the packages.  Those that are not
installable are certainly proprietary software.

> are the package names the same?

Yes.

> is there a non-free repository for things like vid drivers?

No.  Trisquel is 100% free software.

> i presume my other sources.list lines, that have to do with ppas and the
> like, could remain intact.

You can save those files before the fresh install too.  For your own sake,
I hope you will not re-add PPA proposing proprietary software.

> what version name (focal, jammy, for instance, should i employ

The code name of Trisquel 10 (based on Ubuntu 20.04) is Nabia.  That of
Trisquel 11 (based on Ubuntu 22.04) is Aramo.

> is there a model sources.list I could copy from?

Because I download the packages from
https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/trisquel-packages/ (there are many
other mirrors) and I use Trisquel 11 Aramo, my /etc/apt/sources.list is:
# Trisquel repositories for supported software and updates
deb https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/trisquel-packages/ aramo main
deb https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/trisquel-packages/ aramo-security
main
deb https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/trisquel-packages/ aramo-updates
main
deb https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/trisquel-packages/
aramo-backports
main

[eoq]

So they seem to be the computer equivalent of woke, which seems to me to be
that they'd rather I follow the RMS model than have a computer that does
what I need it to do. There are no Nvidia drivers from the FSF that do
what the Nvidia binary blobs and associated configuration software do.

The on-topic question: there are  TDE packages that would work, correct?
Are there even any for "aramo"?
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album