Re: polkitd + udisksd not starting

> It usually takes one USB stick with the size of a thumb nail to try Debian,
> but I am not telling you what to do.

I have been "trying" Debian since version 6.x (I forget the code name); but as
I was changing from Kubuntu, I needed to learn a few things, and never got it
working quite right. Only with Jessie did I have success, but as I said,
networking became a problem.

At last I switched to Devuan, starting with Jessie, and suddenly everything
worked! It was like magic, only without the need for blood sacrifices and all
that. The biggest problem was always with the network.

Now wicd will be obsolete? They (whoever "they" are) really don't want me to
connect to the internet.

Bill