Re: polkitd + udisksd not starting

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> At last I switched to Devuan, starting with Jessie, and suddenly
> everything worked! It was like magic, only without the need for blood
> sacrifices and all that. The biggest problem was always with the network.

might be coincidence, because after jessie many things started working, but
hey we have choices and whatever works is the best

> Now wicd will be obsolete? They (whoever "they" are) really don't want me
> to connect to the internet.

I still believe network manager became stable and is the way to go if you
need dynamic network management. Even if you do not like tdenetworkmanager,
you could learn network manager. It has CLI, ncurses and all kind of other
guis.

IF you have static network - the old /etc/network/interfaces still works,
but if you have wireless it could be a pain

BR